Further collection question

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

Further collection question

Postby sikm » 16 Jan 2012, 04:29

I touched on this in my previous post (Starting to play with Jaangle) but I'm still not sure how best to organise/play my music/collections.

I have a folder - Popular Music - from which I have created a collection. This is how I play my music 90% of the time, I use the auto continue feature and just shuffle through the tracks. I have to say that the auto continue feature is really good and seems to be selecting tracks that never seemed to get an airing in any of the other media players that I've used.

However there are occasions when I want to play a mix of music from other folders - say classical - in the same way and it appears to me that if I want to use Jaangle like this then I can't have more than one collection at a time because tracks will be selected from both/all collections.

Am I correct or am I missing something?

As I said before I'm quite happy to load separate collections as I want to play them if this is the only way to achieve what I want.

Cheers,

Simon
sikm

Re: Further collection question

Postby outcast1000 » 16 Jan 2012, 08:53

Changing the autocontinue mode could help.
1. Play a track from your "classical" collection.
2. Right click on that track in the playlist [Context menu will appear] -> Mode -> Autocontinue Mode -> Collection.
It will make Jaangle pick tracks from the same collection as the last song of your playlist.
outcast1000
Site Admin

Re: Further collection question

Postby sikm » 17 Jan 2012, 01:56

Yaaay!

I thought there must be a way and this certainly works, many thanks it more than satisfies my requirements.

Great program.

Simon
sikm

Return to General