[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - Crossfading dreams

Crossfading dreams

What would you like to see next in Jaangle?

Moderator: outcast1000

Crossfading dreams

Postby greg » 07 Nov 2013, 18:16

Hi All,

Thank you for all your work behind a very civilised music player!

Here is my contribution, it is a detail thing but I think it will further improve the Jaangle listening experience.

It's about crossfading, please picture this:

We're listening to the music, enjoying the mood, but this track doesn't quite cut it, so I hit my global hot keys and forward to the next track. Oh joy, the new track starts, the old track fades out into oblivion :) How lovely that smooth slide into the next track with crossfading.

Some time later, we've had enough of it all for while, so I hit stop, or maybe pause, and what happens? whoomph ouch!

That was the sound of the music coming to an abrupt halt, mid-beat!

And further:

Some time later we need beats and I hit play or pause again to continue. The music bursts back abruptly exactly where I left off.

No smooth take up here, just straight back into mid-beat, ouch whoomph!

Please build into Jaangle the ability to fade in and fade out when I have to stop and restart beats. In fact any time I stop or start music it would be so nice to always have it fading in or fading out

It will make your great player still greater!

Thanks, Greg.

My setup:
Jaangle currently with Green Bean skin by Ra101, Vaio W7 laptop, Van Damme 4m jack to jack cable with gold plated Fisual Havana plugs, Aktimate Mini speakers (aktive, with meaty 40W amp inside left hand speaker), Pilkington Broadside stands.
Photo taken with HDR Pro android app (to tame the contrast between screen and darkened room).

greg

Return to Feature Requests