Rating filter in the "Auto continue mode"

What would you like to see next in Jaangle?

Moderator: outcast1000

Rating filter in the "Auto continue mode"

Postby Jpower7 » 06 Mar 2013, 13:31

I read a request posted about a year ago.
I have the same request?
Is it possible to include "rating " in a"uto continuous mode".
This would be great!
I don't think that I'm the only one that thinks so.

grtz,
Jpower7

Re: Rating filter in the "Auto continue mode"

Postby reedin » 14 Mar 2013, 02:27

Would like to second your suggestion & add Artist & Genre choices as well.

This my first post, I'm a very new user of Jaangle. Many thanks to outcast1000 for all your effort.

Have been searching for years for a player that compares to dBpowerAMP Audio Player release 2 (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp.htm) - I have been using dAP for well over a decade because of it's "auto continue" that allows you to specify:
1) Artist(s) - checkboxes for select all, select none or you can select artists as you wish.
2) Genre - same (include all, none or as you select)
3) Preference (or rating) - select 0 to 5 stars in 1/2 star increments
4) Year - can input a range if desired
Additionally these settings can be saved and recalled. dAP calls this "selective" play & you can combine it with "Random play" (shuffle)

dAP's "auto continue" mode still blows away Jaangle's...but maybe these features could be added?

(BTW I have found the Auto continue mode on the r click menu & am still trying to figure out exactly how it works. When I select Artist mode it seems to just stop after the end of the song even if that artist has many tracks??? I do apologize if I am asking for a feature that already exists that I have not figured out yet.)

Jaangle appeals to me for many other reasons. It is wonderful how J get pictures and artist information - it is working marvelously for me, I am fussy about my tags & that seems to make J very happy.

Also very pleased that J does not (seem) to mess with my files - I could deliberately edit the tags but it seems not to do edits/changes without my direct permission. (A few years ago I tried the Zune player - what a (word deleted) nightmare!!)

So, many thanks to you who have worked so hard to bring Jaangle to us!
reedin

Return to Feature Requests