RETAIN FOLDER STRUCTURE IN PLAYLIST

What would you like to see next in Jaangle?

Moderator: outcast1000

RETAIN FOLDER STRUCTURE IN PLAYLIST

Postby davidgsmit » 11 Dec 2011, 20:38

Seems like most players allow you to import your folders without resorting all of your music.

Example: Deadmau5 folder on my computer has everything that's Deadmau5, but these also include songs that feature another artist. Jaangle will than take each featured artist and give them their own line item in the player as follows:

Deadmau5
Deadmau5 feat Kaskade
Deadmau5/Kaskade
Deadmau5 vs Jelo
etc
etc
etc

I just want to see everything Deadmau5 under "Deadmau5" rather than have Jaangle use the media tags to create an endless artist list!

If only it would simply allow me to keep my folder structure... that's all I need it to do!!! Seems like that would be a default option, but there's no way to do it that I'm aware of!

Thank you!
davidgsmit

Re: RETAIN FOLDER STRUCTURE IN PLAYLIST

Postby Mtech » 05 Jan 2012, 16:56

Bump +1

I Agree, All my Huge Collection is well organised but every album that includes a compilation get's put all over the place.
Mtech

Postby codedash » 09 Jan 2012, 11:53

Yeap thats a must. All compilation albums are put all over the place. I also dont like the "online service","Preview similar - Purchase info" stuff that dont work and i think they should be removed to become even lighter. But the thing is that Alex is working on a new player so the resources to code/test/bugfix something that seems to become legacy i dont think are well-spent.
codedash

Postby joejoe100 » 06 May 2012, 19:14

Agreed!

If there is one negative about Jaangle, it is the messed-up organization attempts. Whew.
joejoe100
Spiritual

Return to Feature Requests