[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - Writing ID3-Tags

Writing ID3-Tags

Nobody is perfect

Moderator: outcast1000

Writing ID3-Tags

Postby thepayne » 22 Mar 2009, 21:50

Hi.

First of all the options to write ID3-tags are really nice and comfortable.
But sadly other players are still reading the old ID3-tags still (for example my phone Sony Ericsson k610i or the WMP).
Is there a chance to enhance the writing-'depth'?

Thanks
thepayne
Guru

Re: Writing ID3-Tags

Postby outcast1000 » 23 Mar 2009, 09:44

Can you explain a little more the "depth". J should tag correctly with all players capable to read id3v4 tags (mp3s).
Check TagLib which is the Jaangle engine
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby thepayne » 23 Mar 2009, 15:41

I was not able to find Jaangle listed somewhere on this side.
Also I tried to check the ID3-version my SE and the WMP are using, cause both were not accepting the ID3-tags Jaangle wrote.
My phone is able to read ID3v2.3 UTF-16. Is it the same version Jaangle uses?
thepayne
Guru

Postby thepayne » 05 Apr 2009, 00:48

Jaangle seems to write both v1 and v2xx ones.
thepayne
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 05 Apr 2009, 09:36

Taglib and subsequently jaangle writes both ID3v1 & ID3v2.4 tags
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby thepayne » 05 Apr 2009, 22:54

2.4 is the latest id3-version, I guess, but it's not really supported by so many programs.
2.3 is the most used version. And I guess this is the reason why a lot of programs are not showing the (with Jaangle) corrected tags.
I guess the position of the tags in the files is the problem.
thepayne
Guru

Postby VERITAS » 23 May 2011, 08:01

Could this be the cause of my problem.?
I am using the Jaangle for editing the tags. And it was fine until I found that the tags in the windows explorer details ware desapearing.
If I use an external MP3 Tag Editor it shows the TAGS both on Windows explorer details and in Jaangle correct.
VERITAS

Postby climber » 07 Jun 2011, 20:19

It seems like jaangle saves the changes in a database first. You have to write the id3 Tags after editing in the file. Right-klick on the files, advanced >> write Tags.
Hope it helps you.

I still miss an option to to this with all files at once... :(
climber

Return to Bugs