[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - UI annoyance, bug probably

UI annoyance, bug probably

Nobody is perfect

Moderator: outcast1000

UI annoyance, bug probably

Postby phaeton » 06 Feb 2012, 13:45

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 ( but this might be with XP too ) and my Taskbar set to hide, only appears when I move down my mouse to the bottom of the screen. Standard MS feature, many people probably using it. However,
when Jaangle full screen is on, the taskbar never reappear, I have to use other means to navigate to the other, open windows running on my PC. Very annoying :-( I am not a programmer, but I guess it is not a major problem, so please fix it in the next release. Thank you. ( Nice application, this Jaangle, by the way, my main music player for a while now. Running always when my PC is on...)
phaeton

Re: UI annoyance, bug probably

Postby outcast1000 » 07 Mar 2012, 23:33

outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby kurzedmetal » 08 Mar 2012, 17:08

It seems this has problem has been and fixed in newer releases of Visual Studio. There are no workarounds there :'(

I wish i could hack the code and be more helpful, but since i don't own a VC++ compiler i don't have the MFC libraries to compile Jaangle (i tried to compile it with gcc/mingw but no luck and i'd probably have the same luck with VC++ Express, but i'm not an expert either).
kurzedmetal
Spiritual

Postby outcast1000 » 08 Mar 2012, 18:36

outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby james103 » 17 Nov 2012, 12:45

I have found no workaround to fix this behavior.
james103

Postby max » 31 Dec 2012, 01:10

Sorry, I'm newbie here. I registered because I got into what seemingly are minor problems with the UI, I'm not sure anyone has reported them before. So, please just disregard the following if already attended to:

*When in mini player mode - if stupidly/accidentally trying to start another instance of 'jaangle.exe' - then currently running instance makes itself visible to user in a window. Seems correct and pretty well done. My problem - it doesn't respond to shortcut commands at that moment - e.g. [num]+5 or other keys don't work-even after manually selecting window with mouse cursor and hitting F4. From this point, even returning to mini player mode and back does not return shortcut key control.
(**edit--didn't notice before but seems even to apply on initial Jaangle start if in Window mode (not mini player)-quite possibly then second instance thing is irrelevant)
-->However, normal behaviour is restored if hitting the [Windows key]+[down arrow]

Haven't tested this with global hotkeys-I'm quite happy with the default shortcut keys.

Interestingly, using this combo-[Windows key] and [arrow down], does not give the same behaviour as hitting the leftmost minimize icon [_]to the left of the Jaangle window, or using the space bar+alt key and selecting minimize.

One icon seems off-compared to the others which look much better. Kind of 'ragged' edges around it when selected. Here is a picture:

This is using the most up to date Jaangle on a Windows 7 x64 desktop.
In all, I'm pretty happy with it in spite of these minor details. Another minor detail with file names in Chinese characters..fine while playing after instant adding but on subsequent restarts of player it mysteriously loses their location and question marks appear in the playlist-have run into similar problems when using these with iShuffle but that's another story. Well, please confirm, if these are indeed bugs or not ;)

More edits...more time spent revealed nothing as to probable causes.

*PS, anyone using the full version of 'Unified Remote'' on Android/Windows PC and Jaangle? - here is something that could get you started... - granted general remote works also for Jaangle and could also be used instead
max

Postby BlueLotus » 16 Jan 2014, 10:58

This is a bug in the operating system. When I searched in other technical blogs it is stating that this issue would be resolved soon with next edition or you will get a fix very soon. So you have to wait till the fix comes to solve the issue.
BlueLotus

Return to Bugs