[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - newbie with editing issues

newbie with editing issues

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

newbie with editing issues

Postby mike11 » 29 Jan 2013, 19:17

Hi People

A few questions here… I have tried and tried for weeks to sort these issues, but I can’t seem to find any simple solutions, or straight-forward editing, that doesn’t involve me importing everything into a stand alone tag editor and starting from scratch… I know WMP is a useless player, but all editing is left/right click and very simple…

All I'm looking for is a simply arranged collection of music. I have 500 folders each containing the right files and all I want is player that arranges these folders like they are on the drive. I'm not sure what the benefit of huge complication and re-arrangement is. The original WMP was simple, no tricks - click on album, show tracks, click PLAY.. Now I need a degree in quantum physics... did we stop making programs that simply drop the folders in and play the music from there?

My questions:

how do I add album art?

how do I delete albums that do not exist (jaangle has created one from various tracks which were NEVER in my music database, but which I re-edited, tagged and put in newly created folders, then dropped them into the music database - to which jaangle now won’t add the album name I have given)

How do I insert an album name where it is missing entirely from a ripped CD?

How do I edit ‘artist’ at the top of the track listing view? why doesn’t jaangle show the artist name at the top of the track list? Every album has artist: various

How do I edit the album name where jaangle has added manufacturing details i.e ‘UK Bonus Tracks’, or ‘Australian edition’ or ‘special edition’ or ‘12” x 12” boxed set’ ?

Where is the integrated tag editor hidden? I know I can ‘edit track’ by right clicking it, but it’s not practical to have to rename the album on every one of 7000 tracks

Is there a simple way to ‘edit in’ all this missing information (which is already on tags not being recognised) or of getting jaangle to include it?

How do I add, alter or change album art? Again jaangle adding ‘boxed set’ or special edition’ covers instead of the proper album cover

How do I delete albums that jaangle has duplicated after editing?

& where do I find Jaangle database files to delete and refresh my music files as opposed to 'update collections' (because I want to try and erase all those duplicates and invented albums)

any help greatly appreciated

cheers
mike11

Re: newbie with editing issues

Postby XC » 02 Mar 2013, 13:59

XC
Guru

Re: newbie with editing issues

Postby marc.1954 » 04 Oct 2013, 10:55

All my problems solved , just by reading this post.
Thanks ,this is a manual!
marc.1954

Return to General