[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - newbie

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

Postby mike11 » 17 Nov 2012, 00:01

Hi - I was recommended Jaangle to replace the mangled code they call WMP... And its works just great. THANKS

is there a link where I can find basic operating instructions on using Jaangle?

i.e.: How do I alter tags? How do I delete tracks? how do I add new music (refresh database)? How do I remove deleted tracks? How do I add/remove album art? etc
.. and how do I show artists and their albums in alphabetical?

Thanks
mike11

Re: newbie

Postby Arnulf » 22 Nov 2012, 07:53

Hi Mike,
welcome to Jaangle!

There is a wiki available:
http://wiki.jaangle.com/

Maybe you will find here some basic help.

You can change tags by right-clicking at the song and choosing "properties"
http://wiki.jaangle.com/index.php?title ... ntext_menu)

have fun with Jaangle :)
Arnulf
Guru

Postby DSperber » 14 Dec 2012, 20:56

For true convenience in maintaining tags, I recommend a highly regarded program named MP3Tag.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
DSperber

Postby DSperber » 14 Dec 2012, 21:02

DSperber

Postby DSperber » 14 Dec 2012, 21:09

DSperber

Postby mike11 » 16 Dec 2012, 12:06

Thanks for the responses, they've been a great help and I've kinda fudged my way through as best I can, though haven't really resolved much yet. But downloaded the tag editor which works great.

Can I pose another question? Regarding the 'general arrangement'. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of choice, if I uncheck the year, or number of tracks, nothing happens.

If I check 'Album and artist' Thats what I want - without ANY other info. BUT instead I get every conceivable contributor to any album or track: This ISN'T the 'album artist', its ANY artist, so I get a long list of artists I've never heard of, and each track listed as a separate album WHY? Whats the point? Is there any way of eliminating them without individual tag editing of around 7000 tracks?

EG I don't want to sift through 45 artists with one track each on a compilation album, and with a database of over 500 albums you can imagine how long that list of artists is.

For every additional artist, it creates a separate 'album' which is just one track, so my 500 albums becomes 700 from individual tracks on compilation albums - this just makes for hard work when I'm just looking for an album to play

In WMP (which we know is hopeless - although they seem to have the right display options) it shows the just the artist, not who's doing a duet. Compilations appear as 'various' because there is not one artist - and this avoids any confusion, and a pointless list of minor contributors added to the main artists and albums. Why can't jaangle do this? And besides who ever wanted a separate listing or album entry for a minor artist on an obscure track anyway?

I'm looking simply for a list of artists and when I click the artist, their albums appear. Thats it.

Just one other query - I have tried every possible configuration in the general view, but why won't Jaangle show artists in alphabetical with cover art only? That's the simplest combination and the only one I want - or is there something I am not doing right? Unchecking boxes doesn't seem to change anything so far

Any help greatly appreciated Thanks
mike11

Postby DSperber » 17 Dec 2012, 00:10

DSperber

Return to General