[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - Awkward question

Awkward question

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

Awkward question

Postby Wolverine1984 » 30 Apr 2012, 19:15

Hello everyone !

I recently turned away from my current music player and went in pursuit after something better.

Gladly I have fund Jaangle. I'm very pleased with it's performance thus far , but there is this little problem.
I can't for the life of me figure out how on earth is it possible to delete a song from the media library or collection. I searched high and low for this option with no luck however.
I apologize if this seems like a trivial matter for the Jaaangle veterans.

I would really appreciate some assistance on the matter.
Thanks.
Wolverine1984

Re: Awkward question

Postby outcast1000 » 30 Apr 2012, 23:34

Right click on a track in the track list. In the context menu, mouse over Advanced and then Delete.
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby Wolverine1984 » 02 May 2012, 07:37

Well that option is not very good, as it deletes the file from the hard disk altogether. My desire is to remove the file from the music library only.

Alternatively, I would also like to know how to purge the whole music library and add collections from scratch. Unfortunately I also failed to find that option as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

PS -if somebody knows where Jaangle stores the media library information, this too will greatly help as I will be able to manually delete those files and start from scratch.
Wolverine1984

Postby outcast1000 » 02 May 2012, 13:39

Jaangle is designed to stay in sync with the filesystem. So even if you delete it from the database, the next time that Jaangle will do the "update local collections" the track will re-appear.
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby Wolverine1984 » 02 May 2012, 15:32

Wolverine1984

Postby outcast1000 » 02 May 2012, 15:45

No. There is a proper way.

You could have removed the mis-selected collection. This can be done by pressing the "Collections" button, then right click on the target collection / remove.

Tell if you needed something different than that.
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby Wolverine1984 » 02 May 2012, 16:15

This was one of the first things I tried ...
I removed the collection in which the problematic files were in , this action did something , but sadly the undesired files still were present in the library.

As a drastic last step (in retrospect it's not so drastic but at the time it seem drastic)I decided to remove ALL the collections , in the collection menu.
Still files were present in the media library and I could not completely purge it.

I must apologize if I seem unappreciative of Jaangle , I like the player very much and that is precisely the reason why I find the lack of the basic function extremely frustrating.

You see , even if your method had worked for me , it only would remove a complete collection from the Media library , and not specific file or a directory inside the specific collection.
Wolverine1984

Return to General