Starting to play (!) with Jaangle ...

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

Starting to play (!) with Jaangle ...

Postby sikm » 09 Jan 2012, 07:56

I've finally given up on Media Monkey and am looking for a new MP3 player to take it's place and have started looking at Jaangle.

I have all my MP3 files stored in My Music (WIN 7 PC) and the total collection consists of various types of audio. I have radio plays, comedy and audio books as well as music.

I'd like to access the different types of audio separately and thought that having separate collections might be the way to do this.

I'd be grateful for suggestions as to how I could (assuming I'm on the right track and that it's possible) set collections up in this way. If it would be easier to have separate folders (My Music, My Plays etc.) then I'm happy to do that.

Simon

Australia
sikm

Re: Starting to play (!) with Jaangle ...

Postby Gangster301 » 09 Jan 2012, 17:03

Hi Simon

This becomes very easy if you have the different types of audio files seperated into folders within your My Music directory.
If you don't already have them seperated like this I would strongly suggest you do so, not only for Jaangle, but for general organization. ^^

Now(Assuming you have them seperated into folders) open up Jaangle, and click on the "Collections" button at the top of the window.
This will open up a small window, and at the bottom of this window click the "Add Collection" button.
Now locate your folders and select on the one you want to add first, and click Ok.
As far as I know you need to repeat this for every collection you want to add, but if I understood your message correctly you'll only be adding 4 collections, so shouldn't be too much hassle. :)

Edit: And when you add new content to your folders, just open up the "Collections" window again, and click "Update Local Collections", and all your newly added files will appear in Jaangle.
Gangster301

Re: Starting to play (!) with Jaangle ...

Postby sikm » 11 Jan 2012, 03:40

Thanks for that. I've now created separate folders and have added one folder as a collection, trouble was I'd become used to other media players sorting all my music for me. I think that a big plus for Jaangle is that you have to organise your music yourself. I have mode set to collection-album and play with auto continue set, the tracks are randomised really nicely and everything seems to work well.

Only question now is when I add a second collection does it played as well? Is the concept that you just load a collection as you want it? No problem with that, if I want an audio book then I can just remove my music collection and add my audio book collection. Is that the idea?

Simon
sikm

Return to General