Artist Sort "the" issue

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

Artist Sort "the" issue

Postby jdrawmer » 16 Dec 2011, 02:55

Hi all,

Been searching recently for a better media player than iTunes and WMP. WMP was fine for my needs, however it was starting to annoy me with how badly it handled some of my music, and especially my album art.

So here I am! Loving Jaangle so far. However I have a niggly issue (and couldn't find it anywhere, so it's either obvious and I have no idea where, or it doesn't bother some people!)

I like to have my artists listed in alphabetical order, to then go through to see what album I want to listen to (typically). However "The Doors" appears as T as opposed to D.

IS there a way to change the settings so that it ignored "The" like most other players / media managers? It's not a deal breaker, because I can just learn to get used to it - but would be very handy indeed if there was a way!

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my stupidity has overcome me
jdrawmer

Re: Artist Sort "the" issue

Postby outcast1000 » 16 Dec 2011, 08:42

There is no way. You should change the tags from "The Doors" to "Doors" or "Doors, the"
outcast1000
Site Admin

Re: Artist Sort "the" issue

Postby jdrawmer » 16 Dec 2011, 10:34

thanks for the prompt reply.

That is a shame - perhaps it's something to think about in future versions? Thankfully it's very easy to change tags of a whole artist so for now i'll probably go for the "Doors, the" option!

Thanks again.
jdrawmer

Return to General