[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - Jaangle 0.98f RC

Jaangle 0.98f RC

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

Jaangle 0.98f RC

Postby outcast1000 » 03 Dec 2011, 11:03

This is a small bug fix release mainly because of some Amazon API changes. It will be released in the main site in a couple of days.

Some more links
The problem

The future
outcast1000
Site Admin

Re: Jaangle 0.98f RC

Postby XC » 04 Dec 2011, 21:54

Tried to install it - but Jaangle just reply:

---------------------------
Database Error
Cannot Open / Create Database. Aborting...
OK

Win 7, 64-bit.

I'm using both CommonRootOverride and UserRootOverride. (Tried to give myself full credentials - both write and read - to the whole Jaangle-folder). I also tried to start Jaangle without RootOverdrive - but that didn't made any difference.

Rolled back to the 98f-beta and Jaangle worked again. (So the DB should be OK?)
XC
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 04 Dec 2011, 22:09

Hey XC - good old times.

The new 0.98f is sadly almost INCOMPATIBLE with 0.98f-beta. In that version I have tried to make it win7 friendly and put the database elsewhere but i am a bit afraid of that feature as it can break compatibilty.

hmm ... maybe i should check again..
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby XC » 05 Dec 2011, 16:03

Missed you to. :) I've been around but the lack of new releases has put me silent. ;)

I suspected that you changed back to the old "all in one directory"-concept but was unable to recreate the old file-layout. I didn't like the fragmentation at all an used the rootoveride to bring all back into Jaangles own folder. (To a new folder called files, files\common and files\storage).

I think my heart stoped beating at the error message though, I very found of my 5 years worth of history). :lol:

Would a new fresh install be better? Or should I wait (maybe there's more than me that need a fix)?

BTW I love the expression "almost incompatible". :D
XC
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 05 Dec 2011, 16:37

I have started with a routine update for 0.98f 1 year+ ago. Then there was those breaking changes with the folders but i have managed to release a beta. Then i have added more on the Languages/Skins front + some fixes -> more breaking changes .. but still i wasn't satisfied.
Finally i quit everything and started making something from scratch...
And here we are.. trying to collect some unfinished code for an emergency 0.98xx release.

Ok that was an excuse.

Please try this exe. I have added the code for the new win7 friendly folders.

outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby XC » 05 Dec 2011, 17:49

I do understand. :) How far away is the new version?

Tried the new exe and it worked smoothly. Thank you for the quick fix.
XC
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 05 Dec 2011, 17:58

maybe today. It seems that it works. I am not planning to change anything else
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby Arnulf » 12 Dec 2011, 12:41

wow.... long time no see....

it is wonderfull to see that Jaangle will be updated.

:)
Arnulf
Guru

Return to General