Changing the path of a collection

Talk about Jaangle. If you liked it... Why not... What's the future, etc

Moderator: outcast1000

Changing the path of a collection

Postby Angus » 11 Dec 2010, 14:01

Hello,

I have reordered the structure of my music files/directories. Consequently, the paths of my collections are not correct, anymore. Is there a solution to change the path of a collection within the collection manager? Or do I have to remove the "old" collections and add the "new" ones again?

Angus
Angus

Re: Changing the path of a collection

Postby outcast1000 » 11 Dec 2010, 18:40

Unless you know as good SQL as playing guitar there is no other way.
All info are stored in "music.mdb"
You can open it with ms access. Password is "DontMessWithIt"
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby qwertzlbrmpf » 20 Jul 2013, 20:25

Hello,

Evne if I'd like to keep the "Structure", I have difficulties with the Drive.
I did install jaangle an the mp3 dtructure on an portable USB Drive and Drive Name changes on different Computers 8-))

If i di a "reread of the new Drive / Structure - what happens with my previously downlaode Informations as Cover Files and Lyrics ?

hj
qwertzlbrmpf

Postby XC » 06 Aug 2013, 19:39

A rescan will remove the tracks and read them with a new path. The lyrics is stored within the mp3 and shouldn't be affected by this. As for the storgae-files (ie artist/album-pictures) these shouldn't be removed, I don't think I lost anything of mine when Jaangle accidentally re-setted my DB after I started it with my music-drive disconnected.

If you are brave but haven't access to Ms Access (sorry couldn't help myself) you can use freeware-app MDB Viewer Plus (http://www.alexnolan.net/software/mdb_viewer_plus.htm) and simply edit the file-paths directly in the db. (Just remember to make backups).
XC
Guru

Return to General