[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ArtificialSpirit Forum • View topic - http://wiki.jaangle.com project

http://wiki.jaangle.com project

Speak freely (Ads are NOT permitted)

Moderator: outcast1000

http://wiki.jaangle.com project

Postby outcast1000 » 07 Jan 2009, 23:37

Where is the help file?
How can i make TS/Jaangle make coffee?

During the past years numerous features have been added to Teen Spirit. Most of them were requests by people here at the forum. Some of them are simple, some cryptic, some on the user interface, some on the underlying engines. Some options are configured by the dialogs while others only by the .ini file. All of them share a common charateristic. There is no help / instructions at all.

This has been done in order to make you more smart by training your brain while decoding the secret meanings.

A strong man from Germany (Arnulf) and a beautiful aussie girl (Miskairal) want to stop this dreadful enlightenment process and so, they have started the project.

They both don't know much on wiki's (neither i do) so any help would be appreciated.

Alex
outcast1000
Site Admin

Re: Jaangle - wiki project

Postby miskairal » 08 Jan 2009, 07:39

:D
Done all because we love the software produced by the Outcast, Alex.
I'm learning fast and have managed to construct a few pages so far and have even printed myself out a cheatsheet I made of the wiki language (which I will gladly share with anyone who wants it).

To everyone - I have a couple of questions so I can complete the few pages I have added to the wiki. If you can either answer them here for me or if you know how to edit a wiki feel free to do so.

On the Special Info page http://wiki.jaangle.com/index.php?title=Special_Info, does the music.mdb contain only lyrics and biographies ?

On the Track List page http://wiki.jaangle.com/index.php?title=Track_List I need to know what Locate Album does as this is always greyed out for me
On the same page I also need to complete Read and Write tags - if I click on either of these nothing appears to happen.
miskairal
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 08 Jan 2009, 08:24

outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby Arnulf » 08 Jan 2009, 09:00

... a strong man from germany... :lol:

Alex, I am a man who loves history. So be prepared for some questions concerning the old releases of teen spirit/conium/jaangle.

first of all: with which version appeared the language-file? which language-tag comes with which TS-version?

I've started a version-history page.http://wiki.jaangle.com/index.php?title=VersionHistory
Are there and versions before 0.9.414 ?
Last edited by Arnulf on 09 Jan 2009, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Arnulf
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 08 Jan 2009, 09:18

outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby miskairal » 08 Jan 2009, 09:23

miskairal
Guru

Postby Arnulf » 08 Jan 2009, 09:57

I've seen no "bad" things on your pages. Should be enhanced with screenshots.

We have to discuss the category-thing.
Actually I'm not really happy with my start with categories.
I don't know to combine different kinds of information:
- general info about the TS/Jaangle project with the history and future
- customization and installation (language-files, teenspirit.ini, installation, colors.ini...)
- options (all the rest)

in my opinion the navigation box should only have the following entries:

- main page (welcome page with basic information and contact)
- Technical Help (customization and installation )
- Users handbook (all about Jaangle without the technical details)
- FAQ
- download (main program, language-files and skins)
Arnulf
Guru

Postby Arnulf » 08 Jan 2009, 16:56

Actually we have three categories:

Help
Options
Technical

Where Options and Technical are subcategories from Help.

Alex: Can you tell me, which language file tag number appered in which TS version?
Arnulf
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 08 Jan 2009, 17:15

outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby outcast1000 » 08 Jan 2009, 17:17

Also i would like to move all the "Features" links (from the first page) to the wiki. (I think that you have already copied them)
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby miskairal » 08 Jan 2009, 20:58

miskairal
Guru

Postby miskairal » 08 Jan 2009, 23:46

Alex - what will the TS button be called in Jaangle?
miskairal
Guru

Postby outcast1000 » 09 Jan 2009, 00:31

It is removed :)
Since today i ve started using it, here are some first screenshots to get a picture.
The skin is the XC-SE's one
ss1.png
ss1.png (404.42 KiB) Viewed 13412 times

ss2.png
ss2.png (595.45 KiB) Viewed 13400 times

ss3.png
ss3.png (274.08 KiB) Viewed 13364 times
outcast1000
Site Admin

Postby miskairal » 09 Jan 2009, 02:08

Aww, that's kind of a shame it will only be for looks. I think the average person would prefer to see the menus as we are used to seeing them in most other programmes, especially when opening a programme for the first time but I have become used to using the TS button.
miskairal
Guru

Postby Arnulf » 09 Jan 2009, 08:40

:o

Yesterday I recognized that the screenshots I uploaded were old. The new option-boxes are quite different.
So I snapshot the complete Option menu once again.
And now you told us that I have to change again.... :shock:

Ok so. Since we are working on the new Jaangle-Wiki, is it possible to test the new version yust for documentation?
Arnulf
Guru

Next

Return to General Discussion